With a direct referral, the provider can receive follow-up information from the QuitLine to ensure their patient is receiving the quit care they need. This way, the QuitLine can inform the provider on progress. Download a fax referral form or use the electronic health record.
Electronic Health Record
- Simplest way
- Patient information sent directly to QuitLine for enrollment
- Connect your facility's EHR to the SD QuitLine
- Available at several healthcare facilities
- See the resources section of QuitLine PROF training for more information
CONTACT US FOR ENROLLMENT
With this method, the patient is connected to the QuitLine, but the provider is unsure if the patient follows through.
- Call the QuitLine with your patient
- Give them a QuitLine business card or brochure. These are available to order through the DOH online catalog. Order online
- Patient fills out enrollment form on their own
- QuitLine calls back by the next day to enroll them
- Go to SD QuitLine